The Australian Cardiac Genetic Testing (ACGT) Network aims to build a network of clinicians, genetic counsellors, scientists and commercial testing centres across Australia to ensure that all aspects of cardiac genetic testing are performed in a standardised way that incorporates all the latest evidence.
Key goals of the network:
- Bring together key players involved in cardiac genetic testing
- Provide a discussion platform for difficult cases (including genetic and cardiac expertise)
- Implement a standardised approach to variant classification
- Access to pathogenicity group meetings with a high level of cardiac genetic expertise
- Public access to curated cardiac genetic variants
- Highly skilled cardiac genetic counsellors in key centres for variant interpretation
- Regular opportunities for training and learning, including presentation of new research findings
- Identify key research areas that will inform best practice
- Develop best practice documents based on the group’s expertise and research evidence
Who is eligible to join?
- Clinical geneticists
- Commercial and public testing centres
- Genetic counsellors
- Genetic pathologists
- Research groups
If you are interested in joining the ACGT Network, please request a form from our Registry Coordinator.